June 10, 2018
- A new page about the 1942 fire in Kewanee that burned a significant portion of the downtown area to the ground. It includes over 50 photos (several from the air), dozens of newspaper clippings related to the fire, and eye witness recollections from 50 years later in 1992. You can get to it on the “Kewanee History” tab at the top of every page on the website.
June 9, 2018
- Added a new menu item … Major Manufacturers
- New photo gallery #15 … Walworth related phots
- Added a page with Walworth Company newsletter beginning in 1907
June 8, 2018
- Added photo gallery #14 … it’s 61 different photos of objects and displays in the Museum
May 26, 2018
- Added a new photo gallery of old maps, mostly Kewanee and Wethersfield … on the Photo / Video Gallery page … Gallery #13.
- Kewanee Pictorial from 1907 … 35 megabyte PDF is here.
May 25, 2018
- Added a new photo gallery from a 1922 brochure … Kewanee in pictures. It’s on the Photo / Video Gallery page and its Gallery #12. You can also download a PDF version (84 megabytes) here.
May 14, 2018
- Added a 24 page Star Courier insert from 1968 – “Sandy’s Today”. You can find it by clicking on the “Kewanee History” tab above … or click here -> Sandy’s Today
May 1, 2018
- Added two additional links to the video gallery page : Around Old Kewanee Volume 2, and The Boss 125th Anniversary Video
- Two new photo galleries … #10 on Kewanee Saloons, and #11 on Schools and Students
- Added links to PDF’s of Kewanee and Wethersfield Yearbooks (on the “External Links” page). Kewanee High School yearbooks go back to 1904 and Wethersfield from 1947 … and then one from 1913. These PDF’s are provided by the Kewanee Public Library.
- Added a photo gallery related to the Great Kewanee Fair
- The website itself was updated to the current “look and feel” at the end of November 2017. Thank you to Hayden Baldwin for many years of support to the Historical Society by developing and maintaining the previous Kewanee Historical Society Website.