Identification of sites on Kewanee Historical Society Mural
- Henry Little home (1850’s) on Division St. at south end of Chestnut St.
- Blish Inn (1840’s), now residence on Church St. in Wethersfield
- Potter farm home (1850), now Daughters of American Revolution house
- Osage hedge tree that was on Potter farm on Main St.
- Kewanee Public Library, a Carnegie library built 1908
- Emblematic of Cornhuskers Hall of Fame at Richards Museum
- St. John Episcopal Church (1857), oldest church building in Kewanee
- Kewanee City Hall, 1874-2000
- Kewanee streetcar line operated from 1903-1936
- The Little log cabin (1837) that still stands in Wethersfield
- Windmont Park, developed by streetcar company in 1906
- Veterans Monument in Veterans Park, site of new City Hall
- Train #35, first train into Kewanee in October, 1854
- One of boilers that made Kewanee Boiler recognized around world
- Kewanee is Winnebago Indian word for prairie chicken
As the sign shows, Wethersfield was founded in 1836 and Kewanee in 1854. They remained separate municipalities until 1921 when Wethersfield was annexed to Kewanee.
You must be logged in to post a comment.